Tuesday, June 25, 2013

DIY Homemade Treatment For Healthy Hair

Helloooo my lovely friends! How have you been lately??? I am sure life is pretty good....well atleast mine is :P :P. Off late I have been experimenting with few DIY treatments and in the next few days I'm gonna share those that yield the best results. So today I am going to write about one such DIY treatment for hair.
    Basically this treatment is for dry hair, in case you have normal hair that is not dry then also you can do this treatment. But those of you who have oily scalp and hair I would suggest not to go for it.
   This one is super easy to make and you will find all those ingredients in your home (that's the best part of DIY treatment right?). You will need only 3 ingredients.
  • AMLA OIL
  • GLYCERINE
  • ALMONDS
In this treatment I have used Dabur Amla Hair oil and Dabur Gulabari Glycerine.

 

Now coming to the ingredients........
  • AMLA OIL : This strengthens hair and helps prevent greys. I have used Dabur Amla Oil. It has 50% amla oil and 40% mineral oil. Mineral oil helps in conditioning and smoothening the hair shaft.



 
  • GLYCERINE : It adds moisture. It heals dry and brittle ends.
  • ALMONDS : Strengthens hair.
In short, blending the goodness of all these ingredients you will get a hair rejuvenating treatment. When your hair looks dull and lifeless, you'll know its the time to use this one!

   Take a steel bowl. The base of this treatment is Amla Oil. So take Amla oil as per your hair length and thickness. To it add around 1-2 teaspoons of glycerine. Chop the almonds and add it too. Now put the bowl on low flame and heat it. You will notice that the almonds are getting fried in it. Let it simmer that way for a minute. Put off the flame and let it cool down a little. Pick out the almond pieces. Now that's the oil that you are going to apply on your hair. Apply it in your hair and make sure the oil is still warm. Leave it that way.
   I kept it overnight since my hair is too much dry and curly and frizzy. It's recommended that you keep it in your hair atleast for 2hrs minimum. Then shampoo and condition as usual.
   Okay, now a mild shampoo wont take out the oil so use a thick shampoo. I used Sunsilk Black.

This treatment left my hair soft and manageable. I have only used it once and have seen much less frizz. I'm planning to use this every alternate weekend. Don't use it every week as the glycerine might leave your hair heavy. 

After all of this, all I can say is this treatment is a must for them who have dull and dry hair. Try it out. I'm sure you'll love it. :) 
   



1 comment:

  1. Great post, as I am loosing my hair, I would definitely try it out at home and hope that it works for me. Thank you for sharing it

    ReplyDelete